11/16/2015 from my Facebook post:
Since the Paris terrorist attack, I have heard a lot of propaganda critical of encrypted communication and encryption technology.
A Few Thoughts...
- Encryption with back doors for law enforcement doesn't exist nor can it be created. Encryption doesn't work that way.
- If there were back doors to allow law enforcement access to streams of communication, the "bad guys" or corporations are just as capable of exploiting the same back door. Fake crypto isn't safe to use.
- I'm not willing to give up my right to privacy in exchange for security.
- If there is no real encryption then there is no real privacy.
- I'm amazed at how quickly our elected leaders are so willing to compromise the constitution and our rights in exchange for their "protection".